A cruise should be a relaxing and fun experience. Whether you are traveling with friends or family, you expect to have a safe time on your cruise. Unfortunately, cruise line companies cut corners in an attempt to increase their profits. In so doing, they threaten the health and lives of passengers and their crewmembers.
If you or a family member has been injured in a cruise ship accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To protect your legal rights and obtain the full compensation you deserve, it is important that you contact an experienced cruise ship attorney in New York.
Common of Subway Accidents
Below are some common types of cruise ship accidents:
- Cruise ship collision or sinking: Cruise ship collision and sinking may be rare, but when they occur they can have a dramatic consequence for all individuals on board. If protocol is not followed when a ship is sinking, countless passengers can lose their lives.
- Cruise ship grounding: Ship grounding occurs when a cruise line comes into contact with the seabed. This can potentially result in a catastrophic accident because of the considerable amount of damage that the bottom of the vessel may sustain.
- Illness on board: The confined quarters of a vessel can present ideal conditions for an illness to spread. For example, if food is contaminated it can potentially poison numerous passengers since they may be eating the same meal onboard.
- Assault by crew or other passengers: If the cruise line does not provide or implement proper security measures, it may lead to attacks and assault on board cruise ships.
- Fire and explosions: Another particular hazardous event on a cruise ship is a fire or explosion. A fire or explosion while at sea can cause the vessel to be stranded for a number of days or even cause the ship to sink.
Call Us Today!
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a cruise ship accident, you may have the right to file suit against the liable party. Our experienced cruise ship accident attorneys in New York can protect your legal rights and get you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our travel accident attorneys, please call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.