There are three major passenger ship cruise terminals in the Port of New York. This means that millions of people travel to and from the Big Apple every year, both for leisure and business. Travelers include domestic and international travel.
However, maritime travel to New York is not always fun and games. Any vessel plying the ocean or inland waterways holds dangers for passengers. If you have been injured on a cruise ship or pleasure boat to New York due to the negligence of the owner of the vessel, the operator or another party, you have the right to claim compensation.
Protecting Victims of Maritime Negligence
There are various ways you can sustain injuries while traveling on a ship or pleasure boat to New York, including:
- Slips and falls caused by broken steps or stairs, defective rails, wet or slippery walkways
- Injuries suffered in recreational facilities on-board the ship, such as the pool and gym
- Injuries sustained on offshore excursions, including bicycle rides, hikes and other such activities
- Food poisoning from meals prepared on the ship
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Injuries resulting from falling objects on-board the vessel
Contact an Experienced New York Maritime Negligence Lawyer
If you or someone you love has been injured on a cruise ship during your visit to New York, the experienced New York maritime negligence lawyers at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. will fight to get you the justice you need and deserve. We have over 25 years of experience in successfully pursuing maritime negligence claims on behalf of New York residents and domestic and international travelers. We have the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case and help you get the outcome that you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.