NY Taxi Accident Lawyers
The streets of New York are infamously lined with yellow taxicabs. Millions of New Yorkers and tourists take taxicabs to work, home, and other popular destinations. There are more than 13,200 taxicabs in New York, averaging 180 miles driven per shift and giving rides to approximately 241 million New Yorkers and tourists every year.
Considering the huge number of individuals who ride in New York taxis on a daily basis, it is no wonder that these cars are frequently involved in accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in a taxicab accident, the experienced travel accident attorneys at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. can help you get the compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have suffered.
What To Do After a Taxicab Accident
There are specific steps you should take if you have been injured in a taxi accident:
- Get pertinent information for the taxi driver, including the registration number, driver’s name and number, and the contact information for the cab company.
- Get pertinent information for any witnesses to the scene of the accident.
- Take pictures of the property damage to both the taxicab and any other vehicles involved in the accident.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries. It is important to seek medical attention even if your injuries do not seem major. Symptoms of some serious injuries may not surface until days or weeks after the accident.
- Contact an experienced taxicab accident lawyer in New York.
Who Is Responsible for a Taxi Accident?
When you are involved in a taxicab accident, it can be difficult to identify the owner of the cab and the insurance carrier. Under New York’s No Fault statute, the injured party is required to file an application for benefits with the insurance carrier of the vehicle that they were injured in within 30 days from the accident. Regardless of how difficult it is to locate the insurance carrier, you are still required to abide by this rule to avoid waiving coverage for your injuries.
The aggressive NY taxi travel accident attorneys at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. have more than 25 years of experience and have helped thousands of injured taxicab accident victims obtain the benefits that they are entitled to.
Call Us Today!
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a taxi accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To ensure that you get the full extent of the benefits that you deserve, you should immediately consult with an experienced travel law firm in New York.
The legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. has been successfully pursuing taxicab accident claims on behalf of New York residents and tourists. We have the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case and help you get the outcome that you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call
Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.
Leave a Reply