Cruise Ship Accidents
There are many different cruise lines around the world that carry thousands of passengers from ship terminals through U.S. and international waters. Different foreign and international laws may apply to any accidents that these cruise lines are involved in. In many situations, a victim of a cruise ship accident may not be able to rely on familiar U.S. laws. This makes it even more difficult to successfully handle a cruise ship accident claim without the right legal help.
If you or a loved one was injured in a cruise ship accident, the experienced travel accident lawyers at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. can help you hold the responsible parties liable for your injuries and get you the compensation that you are entitled to for the injuries you have suffered.
Common Types of Cruise Line Incidents
The types of incidents on a cruise ship that may result in serious injuries to passengers may include:
- Cruise ship collisions and sinking, although rare, cruise ship collisions can seriously injure passengers onboard by causing them to lose their footing and fall.
- Cruise ship grounding, occurs when a cruise line comes into contact with the seabed, causing the bottom part of the vessel to sustain considerable damage.
- Fires and explosions, a fire or explosion on board a cruise ship can be particularly hazardous because it can compromise the key equipment causing the ship to sink.
- Criminal assault, including rape and other sexual assaults by the crew or passengers, this can be the result of the negligent implementation of security measures and wrongful conduct on the part of crewmembers.
- Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents, common injuries aboard cruise ships because of the wet, unleveled and shifting surfaces.
- Illnesses on board, the confined, close quarters of a cruise ship can be a hotbed for a virus or other illness to spread.
- Communicable disease outbreaks, result from the cruise line failing to properly screen passengers for illnesses.
If you or a loved one was injured on a cruise ship in either domestic or international waters, the legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. can help. We are a travel law firm that has the knowledge and expertise necessary to get you the results that you deserve. We hire independent experts necessary to thoroughly investigate the cruise line incident and prepare the strongest evidence possible for the maximum damages.
Call Us Today!
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a cruise ship accident, you may be entitled to compensation. To ensure that you get the full extent of the benefits that you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering or wrongful death, you should immediately consult with an experienced travel attorney in New York.
The international travel legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. has been successfully pursuing cruise line accident claims on behalf of residents in New York and from other parts of the world. We have the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case and help you get the outcome that you are entitled to.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.