Serious car accident attorneys helping seriously injured victims
NYPD police data shows that there were 156 pedestrian deaths in 2013, an increase from 152 in 2012 and 142 in 2011. In a state where walking is a popular mode of transportation, for both residents and tourists, pedestrians are at a high risk of getting hit by a motorist. Tourists are at an even greater risk because they may be unfamiliar with the streets and with the mannerisms of New York drivers.
At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we have been representing injured pedestrians for more than 25 years. Our team of experienced travel accident lawyers is dedicated to serving the needs of our clients and getting them the compensation they deserve.
Top Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
New York pedestrian accidents occur all too common. There are many factors that lead to these often devastating accidents, including:
- Driver distraction or inattention
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Excessive or unsafe speed
- Driving under the influence
- Disregard for traffic and safety signals
- Improper lane passing
- Pedestrian confusion
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians are at a greater risk of getting injured when involved in an accident than motorists. When a pedestrian is struck by a motorist, the impact can cause serious injuries, including:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal bleeding
When you are injured in a pedestrian accident, you need aggressive legal help to fight for you so you can concentrate on your health. The experienced pedestrian travel accident lawyers at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. are dedicated to getting injured victims the compensation they need for the injuries they have sustained.
What To Do After a Pedestrian Accident
After a pedestrian accident, you may be confused as to what you should do or what steps you need to take in order to protect your rights, especially if you are a tourist. Below are some important steps you should take if you have been injured in a pedestrian accident:
- Report the accident to the police
- Get the name, address, phone numbers, license plate and insurance information for the motorist who struck you
- Get the pertinent information for any witnesses to the scene of the accident
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident
- Seek medical attention, even if you think your injuries are not severe. Some serious injuries may be asymptomatic in the early stages, such as a brain injury.
- Contact an international travel accident law firm that specifically handles pedestrian accidents.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a pedestrian accident that was caused by the negligence of another party, you need to hire a travel accident attorney in New York to fight for your rights.
At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we have over 25 years of experience in successfully pursuing pedestrian accident claims on behalf of residents in New York and from other parts of the world. Our international travel law firm has the knowledge and resources to aggressively pursue your case and help you get the outcome that you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.
Leave a Reply